Before the many things, a reminder: I'll be at Trumpet Hill Yarns in Albany on Saturday from 1-3 p.m. The always on-top-of-it timesunion Fiber Arts blog has more. Can I say again how much I love the fact that the Albany paper has a blog devoted to fiber? I love it. If you're around on Saturday, please come on by. I'll let you try on the Sweater....
* The Paris brothel tour.
* Hitchens on losing your voice.
* The British and Southerners aren't that different when it comes to what they say and what they mean.
* Walter Jon Williams has a Very Good Idea. And I'll be the first to buy e-copies once he gets them sorted.
* Note to self: save this guide to NYC bakeries.
* Roseanne Barr on being Roseanne Barr. Click over if for no other reason than to look at Robert Maxwell's portrait. Girlfriend looks fabulous.
* What Ada said. xojane just made me so very sad.
* The three reactions pregnant women have to information about PPD. Number 3 makes me stabby, too.
* Again I ask: why are these guys not in jail? (This is rhetorical. I know the answer is "money." Let me have my illusions.)