* I might have to get an iPad just for this.
* East Tennessee: The Switzerland of the South
* Will not be in London for this event because I can't stitch myself a TARDIS. Nuts.
* Probably the smartest thing you'll read about Weinergate. The money quote: An erection isn't a physiological fact alone; it's a narrative event.
* A visual reminder that there are human beings in space right now.
* Is anatomy destiny?
* I usually chose the top hat because of the pleasing way it fits on my pinkie finger.
* Three from the NYT: Dana Spiotta (who I love) on the Erie Canal; Henry Alford (ditto) on swim suits; and John Jeremiah Sullivan on Disney (whose piece leaves me conflicted because a) he's an interesting choice for the story but b) I wish he didn't take all of the easy shots and make all of the easy points. Yes, it's a strange and fraught place. We know that. Show me what I don't know.) (And, also, I want to do the same sort of piece on Dollywood. Without the weed, tho.)