- This has happened to just about everyone I know in Oneonta.
- Why do we hate women so much?
- This might be my favorite sub-genre for escaping from the world for a while.
- If you don't laugh at at least one of these, you might be dead.
- Wisdom from Wooderson.
- A beer run I can support.
- Believe it or not, this isn't about you and your boner.
- Apparently, the ultimate answer is 63.
- When you know.
- Don’t think they can’t come for you.
(I intended to publish this on Friday and, um, forgot. So ....)
"Watching Carter Page immolate himself and incriminate a half dozen of his colleagues from the Trump-Putin 2016 campaign has been a strange, almost guilty pleasure. Profoundly disconnected, socially awkward, and reeking of late-stage virginity, he gives off the creepy Uncanny Valley vibe of a rogue, possibly murderous android or of a man with a too-extensive knowledge of human taxidermy and a soundproofed van. "
-- Rick Wilson on Carter Page. You really should read the whole thing.
"Tuesday, voters — some angry, some hopeful despite themselves — went to the polls and told a different story: the first openly trans woman elected to the Virginia legislature, a surge of female Democratic candidates across the nation, many of them victorious."
-- Lindy West, Brave Enough to be Angry.
Readers, all. It's been a bit of a week (and it's only Wednesday). Not only did I have a chance to take a selfie with Shalane Flanagan at the finish line of the New York City marathon on Sunday (long story that will be told later), I was one of the women swept into office in this surge. Which isn't to say that the sweeping didn't require a lot of work, just that it was part of a much larger movement that I am proud to be a part of. This is where anger can get you, if you channel it right.