A new Dry Martini column is live at Another Mother Runner: what’s the worst that happens?
- Why I am firing the necromancer...
- Academic conference misbehavior (can be summed up as “don’t be a dick” but some folks need more specific instruction).
- I just ... ugh.
- One that she is choosing to wield against herself.
- I'm sure this is fine.
- How did I not know stromatolites existed?
- A history of the U.S. as told through the women’s steeplechase.
- The mother is the wrapper.
- It's not the hunter.
- “The more you fail the more you succeed.” (Also: I will always be a Giacometti fan.)
- A last, hostile act. (Be sure you read this when you have the time to sit in stunned silence about how good it is.)
- One day, 119 times. Related.
- While this is full of really great analysis, I also enjoy the crap out of the word "brogressive."
“Mules were worse. Mules were like horses who could plan."
-- Clockwork Boys by T. Kingfisher. It’s an absolutely delightful book, btw.
It’s been a busy spring. Let me tell you how busy in my most recent Dry Martini column....