From Nanette this week.
I work in the music business. Glamorous as this may sound, we are actually just two women in a home office in South Austin. Hipness, youth and cool factor are a common topic of conversation between me and my boss, i'm 35 and she's 39. We often remenisce about our cool groovy old days when we actually went out to see the kind of bands we work with and go to the clubs we talk to everyday and it dawns on us that we are sooo way out of the cool scenes we envision ourselves part of still.
soooo, the topic is - what 5 ages would you like to be and why., either to re-live or that you imgine would be ideal in the future. Hey, if you are so inclined and have a moment to spare, what about throwing in 5 ages you would NEVER want to be again, and why:
1) 20-21. Second and third years in college. Old enough that there was freedom and comfort with the routine of classes, but not old enough that there was real responsibility.
2) 27. The year I started at the Pulse and I had the reckless enthusiasm that made every day in the office giddy fun.
3) 30. It was just a good year, despite my dread of it. Finally felt like I knew what I was doing, for the most part. Still do, usually, but sometimes The Diva throws a wrench into my joie de vivre.
4) 40. I hope things will settle down by then. Unlikely, I know, and change is life's only constant still it would be nice to have a few relatively calm years. I figure 40 may be one of 'em.
5) 90-100 (if I make it that long). I'd like to see how it all turns out, you know?
Years to never do again:
Pretty much 10-18. Sucked massively. Words can not describe their sheer unpleasantness. And, no, I don't want to talk about it.
Other Friday Fivers on the left list...