First -- thanks for all of the input on CSAs and earphones. I've found
a sucker fellow produce lover to share a share with. There will be weekly updates, I suspect, once we hit the growing season, which around here is *sigh* June. The earphones will be ordered shortly.
And, now, many things make a post:
* Now that I've read this Salon interview with Meg Wolitzer, I'm going to have to buy the book. Because I needed another book to add to the pile of stuff I really want to read.
* If I had $180 to spare on art, these prints would totally be going in the kids' rooms.
* I just want to kiss Peter Sagal on the the mouth: Gender in Equality In Whoville.
* I find this both amazing and horrifying: Dinner in the Sky.
* This For Better or For Worse strip couldn't have run at a better time, given our troubles with the Boy and his hair.
* It's never a good sign when a company is suing its consumers and is unwilling to be transparent about what is in its products, but Monsanto has taken it to an all new level. The story itself also serves as a nice reminder about why folks hate lawyers and PR people.**
* As someone who makes some money blogging for Strollerderby, this piece in the NYT was interesting. Writing posts for a parenting site is miles different from writing about tech. And, frankly, I've never viewed it as something that's either a) sustainable or b) my sole source of income. YMMV.
* Life Lessons from The Big Lebowski.
* People never cease to amaze me. Some SUCO grads decided to run across the lower half of the country and keep an online journal of their adventures.
** Yes, most lawyers and PR people are excellent and a net good. But a few members of their respective clans ruin it for the rest.