* It would be best if I am never allowed to play Spore.
* Hallowindow. Made of awesome.
* Knitted pundits. So ... cute?
* Related to a book proposal -- does anyone know how to get the BBC series "Who Do You Think You Are?" on some kind of format that a US-based person like moi could play? (Short of, you know, buying a Region 2 DVR, etc.)
* EW's "Oxymoron of the week" is the Big Lebowski Action Figure. Want.
* Even though my Andy did not make it to the US Open Finals, this video of he and Djokovic playing on kids' day helps soothe the pain.
* Finally, my favorite news story this month: Victim wakes to sausage attack. When the officers on the scene call it a weird case, it's something special.