* What it is like to live with the Dude.
* Candy Corn demystified. This does not explain, however, why it is impossible to eat just one piece.
* Planet Money: the podcast you really ought to be listening to. Srsly. The fact that I now understand what a CDO is, why it seemed like a good idea and why it wasn't is proof alone that this podcast can explain economics to even the most non-economically inclined brain.
* Frank Bruni's review of Candle 79 hits on the thing that has always made me nuts about vegan/vegetarian restaurants, which is the compulsion to make plants look/taste like meat. No, I don't want a "hamburger" that is vegan. I want something that is what it is and doesn't attempt to pass as something else.
*There are many social situations that we are just not prepared for. Cherie Preist has discovered another one of them. What could one say, other than, "wow. that just sucks."
* What I will do next time I'm near Rockefeller Center.
* In case you failed to appreciate the wonder that is blood.
* Sedaris on undecided voters in The New Yorker.
* First step when confronted by terrorism: Do Not Discard Brain.
* If, as this nightshirt tells me, I'm supposed to "Sleep Naked," why do I need to buy the nightshirt in the first place?
* As myfriend Trish puts it, Margaret and Helen are my kind of old ladies. May we both endeavor to be the same.
* Mark Lamb! In the New York Times! I know him! And am excited for him! Great is my woot!