I am currently filled with rage because the wusses at the Oneonta School District offices have decided to let the kids go early today because there is talk of 3-5 inches of snow this afternoon. I'd like to state that if we have three inches of snow by Wednesday morning, I will lick it off the sidewalk with my tongue because it is far too warm for it to amount to much but no one ever listens to me, which is probably a good idea in the long run but on this snow accumulation thing I'm pretty sure I'm right. Bastards. There goes my day of getting caught up on stuff, thwarted by some pansies who don't realize that we live in Upstate New York where it snows every now and again.
Anyhoo - many things, which I'll post now so that I can at least get some class notes done before I fetch my eldest child:
* How flippin' cute is this: Acorn Cakelet Pan?
* Now is the time to go to Iceland for Christmas.
* Joss Whedon explains what's up with Dollhouse and why fans shouldn't panic. And does anyone else find Whedonesque's white type on black really hard to read?
* Simon Le Bon is 50 -- and EW dug out an old clip of Le Bon, Rhodes and Taylor (John) recording Mtv promos, which seems like as good a birthday present as any, I guess.
* "The club is composed of young women and girls who have been embarrassed by men in automobiles and on street corners."
* This just makes me sad.
* This is the type of news that pains me: American Doctor Who fans are usually Republicans. Also, crafting the vote with a knitted dress. (Go click on that last link just so that you can see the photo. It is something to behold.)