A reminder for local book-lovin' ladies: The Green Toad Bookstore is having its Book Triva night this Thursday. Anyone wanna form a team? Bring on the book trash-talk. I got your Yeats right here.
* These shoes would be better with live goldfish.
* Yet another reason to avoid High Fructose Corn Syrup: It might be full of mercury.
* If you've ever wondered what Slate's Seth Steveson looks like, now's your chance. The picture also proves that it's impossible to look suave on a Segway.
* Can fasting flush the toxins out of your body? Or just the cash out of your wallet? (caveat: I don't understand why people fast, nor do I buy that you can leach toxins out through the bottoms of your feet. I'll be the first to admit that my knowledge of anatomy isn't as strong as it could be but none of these methods of "cleansing" pass my personal sniff test.)
* Where does faith end and abuse begin?
* It's not survival of the fittest. It's survival of the most adaptable. (Who would then become the fittest -- but I'm picking nits).
* Jennifer Weiner hits the nail on its tiny-yet-proverbial head with this analysis of the reviews of male v. female memoirisists. Wonder if she wants a copy of my book...