* These just sound yummy: Honeyed Cashews. Now I have to figure out where to get raw nuts. Heh. Raw nuts.
* Also on the food tip - if I had to choose between bacon and caramelized onions, the onions would win every time.
* I might have to make a giant granny square. How great are those colors?
* More on author photos.
* I'm sorely tempted by Mason Jar terrariums. However, I fear that mine would simply become a haven for various slime molds and scary smells. I have a knack for neglecting plants. It is my superpower.
* I nearly wet myself: Memo from the C.E.O.
* I'm ambivalent about what happened to Bob Lord while he was playing The Game.** I am, however, ticked off about what happened to the rats, who didn't consent to becoming part of a wealthy man's fantasy.
* Speaking of outrage, Matt Taibbi's take on AIG in Rolling Stone. Best lede ever. (Stolen from Dave) And best closing graf ever: "These people were never about anything except turning money into money, in order to get more money; valueswise they're on par with crack addicts, or obsessive sexual deviants who burgle homes to steal panties. Yet these are the people in whose hands our entire political future now rests. Good luck with that, America. And enjoy tax season."
* To wash the taste of that out of your brain: "Sugar" is a verb.
** Would I be outraged about his fate if AIG, etc., hadn't happened? Eh. Dunno. Still, there's a certain amount of hubris involved here.