* While I do think Catherine Price's essay at Slate about a surfeit of turnips and kiwi,** the bit that really gets me is the concept of a CSA delivering produce all year round. The mind boggles that there are places where things grow during March. It is like Oz.
* I have two beloved gray wool sweaters. One is dying a death of a thousand snags and will require a handmade replacement. The other simply has worn through at the left elbow, which I could patch somehow. I'm thinking about felting. There's not enough of the elbow left to felt it back together a la this tutorial but I could make some felt, maybe, and felt it in? Thoughts? Or would a picture help?
* Ann Bauer's essay on her son's autism leaves me at a loss for the right words. All that comes to mind is "wow." The truth is always more difficult, yes, but necessary.
* With apologies to my husband, it's hard to take golf seriously as a sport when guys who look like this can do well.
* Sometimes we all need to true our wheels.
* Darn you Purl for posting projects I want to make. This week's is the Sunny Tied Quilt.
** I can no longer eat kiwi, btw, because I once read a passage that compared them to hairy testicles. Makes it hard to jam a spoon in there.