* From the "I don't think that means what you think it means" dept: Christian salt.
* John Hodgman's piece on Cuervo man is unexpectedly moving.
* This WaPo piece on parents who accidentally kill their kids by leaving them in hot cars** will rip your heart clean out of your body but is one that you should read anyway. And to quote Patrick Nielsen Hayden, brace yourself first. The ending is a kicker.
* "Sita Sings the Blues" has been linked all over the place but the Hub and I watched it over the weekend on the stupidly large new TV and were completely won over by it. I have some quibbles about the pace. Still, the visuals are gorgeous.
* Love Katha Pollitt. And Hawthorne can suck it.
* This guy's finacee is a keeper.
* An even-handed look at what college kids read. I'm trying to remember what the hot books on campus were in '93, which is when I graduated. I'm drawing a blank. Anyone?
* Further proof that DST is evil.
* Why kids need bedtimes. That may be the one thing the Hub and I have gotten right -- but are motives are primarily selfish because that hour or two between their turning in and ours is delicious.
** If you think this can't happen to you, you are delusional or don't have kids. End of discussion.