many things make a post
October 27, 2009
* Double X's Samantha Henig does the "Master Cleanse," which is interesting in and of itself. However, I'm just thrilled to now know the term "Orthorexia."
* It is the time of year when a less-than-young woman's follies turn to snow gauges. I like this one but am not in love. Anyone have a recommendation?
* The new steampunk revival is making me want to dress up. It doesn't help that it dovetails with my craft problem. But where would I wear such an outfit? Hrm. The upside is that that many layers of clothing is practical in Upstate New York; the downside is that my students would snick.
* Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal? Sign me up.
* I'm going to have to drive up to Cooperstown to see this. I love Walker Evans. I'm also going to have to go to Marfa, Texas, some day to see the boxes.
* One of Iain M. Banks' Culture stories will be made into a movie. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Good, I guess?
* I seem to be largely invisible at Home Depot, too.
* Thread bird's nests. Purty.
* I'm fairly certain I could never do this.
* Another entry on the list of Things I Don't Need But Still Sorta Want: Pussy on the Prowl.
* Hell, yes! It's decorative gourd season! (Stolen from Eisha)
* On the days when it all seems to be too much, all I need to do is watch this clip and suddenly all is well again.
* The irresistible allure of baby faces. (Stolen from blogless Ed)
* Coming soon to a theater near you. This may only be funny to those with small children.
The Boyfriend seems to be invisible as well. This applies not only to the Depot, but also hardware stores, Target, Walmart, etc. What is amazing about this--and why I mention his invisibility rather than my own--is that he's 6'4'' (6'5" if you include his hair), large, and bearded. It's not like he blends in.
Posted by: PL | October 28, 2009 at 07:53 PM