* It is the time of year when a less-than-young woman's follies turn to snow gauges. I like this one but am not in love. Anyone have a recommendation?
* The new steampunk revival is making me want to dress up. It doesn't help that it dovetails with my craft problem. But where would I wear such an outfit? Hrm. The upside is that that many layers of clothing is practical in Upstate New York; the downside is that my students would snick.
* Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal? Sign me up.
* One of Iain M. Banks' Culture stories will be made into a movie. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Good, I guess?
* I seem to be largely invisible at Home Depot, too.
* Thread bird's nests. Purty.
* I'm fairly certain I could never do this.
* Another entry on the list of Things I Don't Need But Still Sorta Want: Pussy on the Prowl.
* On the days when it all seems to be too much, all I need to do is watch this clip and suddenly all is well again.
* The irresistible allure of baby faces. (Stolen from blogless Ed)
* Coming soon to a theater near you. This may only be funny to those with small children.