Albany-area peeps: I'll be hosting a knitting circle at the Book House at 6:30 tonight. I'd love to meet you and give you a button.
* I've gotten hooked on Jon "Unitarian Jihad" Carroll. This is one of my recent faves.
* Tim Walker's advice to new parents is spot on. If you can keep these three things in mind, you should do fairly well. As much as parenting success can be predicted, that is.
* The Amateur Gourmet goes to Peekamoose. I *heart* Peekamoose - and not just because it's fun to say.
* Someone needs to publish the original Alice in Wonderland manuscript.
* This slide show about "feminine hygiene products" is hysterical.
* If I could, I would plant nothing but ferns in my yard.
*I didn't think I could love Anne Lamott more.
* Perhaps the funniest post about underpants you will ever read. And she's right about VS. I used to only wear their underwear, too, and quit for the same reasons.
* The best solution for airport security.
* I can only begin to wrap my head around this picture of the surface of the sun. The little white bar at the bottom is 5000 km.
* Hard to imagine a cat sitting still for this. (Hat tip to my SIL)