* This gored skirt formula makes me itch to sew something. That is not a good sign. Talk me out of it in 3...2... (Also: I want these shorts but am trying to figure out if I have the skills to make them. Nothing ventured, eh?)
* I wonder why Fortune decided to not run this Chris Ware cover. Note: this is sarcasm.
* New Maureen McHugh story! And there was much rejoicing.
* The Fried Chicken Cook-off: Pioneer Woman v. Keller. Tongs at dawn.
* Hard to imagine that a mere $10 could do so much. And, yet...
* Nom. Ramen noodle chocolate. Nom. Nom.
* A recipe?
* What if the tea partiers were black?
* If I were to have another wedding, this is the cake I would want.
* Don't treat an awake baby like an awake adult.
* Knitting makes you a better fill in the blank. (Hat tip to Dave*)
* I've been reading Michael Lewis' The Big Short (review: read it!), which makes this post about Goldman Sachs even more interesting. To quote Jon Stewart, "those fuckin' guys."
* Steven Brust hosts (sorta) a Spinathon. And, yes, we're talking about yarn. If you're in Texas and not busy this weekend, it could be a hoot.
* This picture of the Earth just blew my dang mind.