* I am envious of kmkat's son.
* Michael Lewis' new piece about California is simultaniously the most depression and the most optomistic thing I've read about the state's (and, you could argue, our coutnry's) economic woes.
* Say "Dobry Den" to Super Vaclav.
* I intend to watch the whole series, because I am that much of a geek.
* I could stand a mood-leveling agent.
* It's the beard that makes it funny.
* This is what it's like to live with our cat Barney.
* For your Halloween brew. Supply your own eye of newt.
* Excellent marathon signs.
* Prepare to have your face melted off. (Also: note to self: dig out Fiona Apple CDs.)
* Funny even if you haven't read the book.