This was made live last week (I think) but I've been both busy and not. A little bit about my dog and running, over at another mother runner.
"The servers seemed eager to oblige, but gave the impression of struggling in the face of unseen enemies."
-- Pete Wells' review of Bluebird London is a thing of beauty.
- Nature is cool.
- Performing masculinity during this festive season.
- Our urge to mark things.
- Maybe this will help the bulk of the country realize that access to free/inexpensive birth control leads to better outcomes?
- To give the neighbors a better view.
- I had to read this in shifts because my rage kept getting the better of me.
- I can't remember if I've sung the praises of Wooden Overcoats before but let me do so now. If your sense of humor runs toward the British and black, you will enjoy this pod. Plus, they have a Christmas episode, which is perfect for car trips. And they have merch.
For those who don't also do social media, to make a long story short, our corgi is currently in the hospital after having surgery on her back. It's been a bit of a week. Hung your companion animals extra tight tonight.
First, a shameless promo: Some runs inspire hate, over at Another Mother Runner.
“She’d come to her job inside the little box marked ‘Rural Development’ without any particular ambition to be there. The sums of money at her disposal were incredible: the little box gave our or guaranteed $30 billion in loans or grants a year. But people who should have known about it hadn’t the first clue what it was up to. ‘I had this conversation with elected and state officials almost everywhere in the South,’ said Salerno. ‘Them: We hate the government and you suck. Me: My mission alone put $1 billion into your economy this year, so are you sure about that? Me thinking: We are the only reason your shitty state is standing.’"
-- The Fifth Risk by Michael Lewis. Highly recommend.