many things make a post
November 29, 2020
- We don't deserve John Waters.
- You know what? I honestly didn't think I'd have any sympathy for this woman. Then I read the story.
- The research we need.
- How to build mental endurance, from professionals who have a lot of it.
- Women are the country's social safety net.
- Fifty pies - but without the obvious ones.
- Oh Fetterman, my Fetterman.
- What's next for the #resistance?
About the woman who lost her grip and destroyed the mask display? Yes, she presents as sympathetic in the article. She’s someone very practiced in the art of PR. She’s also middle to upper class. And she’s white. I found myself considering how someone who didn’t have her advantages might have been treated. That made me very uncomfortable.
Posted by: Susan | November 30, 2020 at 04:56 PM
I think we all know how someone without her privileges would have been treated. Our discomfort -- I'm unsettled by it, too -- is telling.
Posted by: Adrienne Martini | December 01, 2020 at 09:58 AM