- Earning the right take up space.
- The aftermath of purity culture.
- Thank you but no. (Although Brrrrrn would play to my strengths....)
- Just in case you'd like a guest in your pulpit, I am available. So is a band called "Dr. Dubious and the Agnostics," who, frankly, sound like a much better choice.
- Making climate change tactile.
- What it is like to go to the theater with my husband and I.
- The other day, I wondered what ever happened to colored toilet paper. Then my friend Anj, unprompted, sent this to me.
- Nature is cool.
- Performing masculinity during this festive season.
- Our urge to mark things.
- Maybe this will help the bulk of the country realize that access to free/inexpensive birth control leads to better outcomes?
- To give the neighbors a better view.
- I had to read this in shifts because my rage kept getting the better of me.
- I can't remember if I've sung the praises of Wooden Overcoats before but let me do so now. If your sense of humor runs toward the British and black, you will enjoy this pod. Plus, they have a Christmas episode, which is perfect for car trips. And they have merch.
For those who don't also do social media, to make a long story short, our corgi is currently in the hospital after having surgery on her back. It's been a bit of a week. Hung your companion animals extra tight tonight.
First, a shameless promo: Some runs inspire hate, over at Another Mother Runner.
- This isn’t wrong. Related: I am so glad I’m old enough to not have to have dealt with the Elf on a Shelf nonsense. If you enjoy it, great! But, man, some of this holiday stuff is soooooo much work.
- Road trip! Also: Road trip!
- It really is a versatile fiber.
- Shop wisely.
- A college friend had a dog like this (may he rest in peace). Super smart. Such an asshole.
- Unnerving fun with photoshop.
- News you can use.
- One of the more dangerous things a woman can do.
- Just in case.
- Things we'd like to know.
A small shameless promo: my review of NPR's Peter Sagal's Incomplete Book of Running is over at Another Mother Runner. TL:DR verison -- it's pretty good.