Let the bon temps roulez... or something, over at Another Mother Runner.
“Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.”
— Stephen King, On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
The latest Dry Martini column is live over at Another Mother Runner. This time, I talk about fear and indoor tracks.
- The rescue dogs of vegetation.
- I don't appreciate modern underpant elastic enough.
- They aren't your servers.
- I giggled, especially #7.
- I directed this show in college. I suspect this version will be a lot better.
- I thought my kids were the only ones who did this.
- He deserves all the honors. (Robert really is one of the best in the business, both as a writer and as a human. On a personal level, I never would have become a writer or been a halfway decent one without his patient encouragement. And there are dozens and dozens like me.)
- I need to figure out how to monetize the corgi.
- When it comes to endurance, the gender divide is disappearing -- and the women who are winning are badass.
- I'm so, so tired of stories like this being reported with breathless surprise. None of it is new.
- You will be brave ... enough.
- Making shawls sexy.
- I died a little.
- Making the brain chemicals work in your favor.
- May your coworkers be this amusing.
- Find your niche.
- Turn every page. (Long, but worth it if you want to know how this sort of work gets done.)
This week's Another Mother Runner column combines two of my passions: running and running.
- Earning the right take up space.
- The aftermath of purity culture.
- Thank you but no. (Although Brrrrrn would play to my strengths....)
- Just in case you'd like a guest in your pulpit, I am available. So is a band called "Dr. Dubious and the Agnostics," who, frankly, sound like a much better choice.
- Making climate change tactile.
- What it is like to go to the theater with my husband and I.
- The other day, I wondered what ever happened to colored toilet paper. Then my friend Anj, unprompted, sent this to me.
Over at Another Mother Runner, a quick round-up of the last couple of weeks.