I wrote a post about the importance of running for local office over on John Scalzi's blog. Give it a read, if you're inclined.
At the end of most years, I do a sermon at the Unitarian Universalist Society of Oneonta. This year was one of those years. It sounded like this.
My latest column for another mother runner is alive. In this one, the fates smile kindly upon my run in Rehoboth.
First up, over at Another Mother Runner, my latest column is live. In it, I am visited by the fates.
Second, I happened to stumble over this old interview with Alton Brown I did. While I think the piece turned out okay, all I remember from that day was trying to not throw up in his lap because I was still in the puke-y stage of pregnancy. Good times.
Over at Another Mother Runner, a few words and a bunch of pictures about my Tucson half.
My latest column is live over at Another Mother Runner: A Tale of Two Runs.
Over at Another Mother Runner: Adrienne Martini's Day Off.
I'm so ready to move on to fall and other thoughts over at Another Mother Runner.
So very ready, you guys.
- From the desk of Emma Lazarus
- It's okay that it is hard.
- Nice melons.
- This has made the rounds before but it gets more meaningful for me each time I read it.
- You should be listening to Conspiracyland.
- Sounds like a great place for a summer home.
- If any of you find yourself in Cooperstown, give me a call. I'm only a few minutes away...
- I want to go here.
- Laura Lippman is my new hero.
- How are your levels of rage? Could you stand a little more?
And in shameless self-promotion: all about a sweaty, celebratory 5K in Seneca Falls over at another mother runner.
- The Washington Post understands me.
- All of these are true.
- You'd be shocked what you can find in college yearbooks (and I say this as someone who spends a lot of time looking through them).
- Bang Bang Girl Gang.
- This is a huge problem in Otsego County, too, and there are no great solutions.
- Next time I'm in Japan (and there will be a next time), I plan to collect as many of these as possible.
- Megan Rapinoe can tell you where to put your "yes, buts."
- My expectations for pants/trousers is the same.
And some shameless promo: a word or two about the summer and running and giant roosters over at Another Mother Runner.